How To Apply
Step 1: Check the availability of Scholarships or Bursary Awards and Determine if you meet the criteria.
Step 2: Complete and Submit the Application Form
You must complete and submit the relevant application form which is made available electronically via the scholarship website at www.scholarships.moe.gov.tt. This form provides the Scholarships and Advanced Training Division (SATD) with information necessary to process your scholarship / bursary.
After you have applied via the Scholarship Website your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of the result of your application.
Candidates, who are eligible for awards, may be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process (for some competitive awards).
What documents do you need to provide?
- Two forms of National Identification.
- Proof of Address – Utility bill or bank statement.
- University Status Letter.
- The Official Course Outline and Course Schedule over the period of study which must be issued by the Campus Registrar of the University.
- Banking Information.
- Medical Certificate of Health to be completed by a certified physician.
- ACTT Statement of Recognition .
Step 3: Confirm your Interest in the Scholarship / Award by completing and submitting the Interest Form
Successful candidates must confirm your interest in the scholarship / award.
- The Scholarship Interest Form provides you with the following options and you must choose one:
Interested in the scholarship and commencement of studies in the same year the scholarship was awarded;
- Interested in the scholarship, but wish to defer the commencement of studies within one (1) year of the award of the scholarship; or
- Declination of the scholarship.
Once you have responded to this form, you will be assigned a member of staff to administer your scholarship. This person becomes your Support Officer. Your Support Officer will answer your queries, and prepare your Scholarship Agreement.
Step 4: Identify a suitable Guarantor
To access your scholarship immediately, you must select a Guarantor who will be required to guarantee your scholarship. If you default on the scholarship, you will be required to repay the value of the amount expended on the Scholarship and all interest accrued.