The Scholarship usually covers the cost of:
Other types of scholarships may cover “tuition only” while others are for “partial-tuition”.
• President Medal Winners obtain funding (Tuition and Allowances) to complete the undergraduate and post graduate degrees up to a maximum of seven (7) years, at any ACTT Accredited or recognized Tertiary Education Institution in the world. In the case of President Medal Winners wishing to pursue Medicine in the USA only, they will be funded up to a maximum of nine (9) years.
• Open Scholars obtain funding (Tuition and Allowances) to pursue an undergraduate bachelor’s degree, at any ACTT Accredited or recognized Tertiary Education Institution in the world.
• Additional Scholars obtain funding to pursue an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree at the University of the West Indies (St. Augustine) or any other Locally ACTT Accredited Tertiary Education Institution.
Generally, the following required documents must be submitted with the Data Capture Form:
In your SATIS profile you will be provided with further details regarding the documents which must be certified.
When you are awarded scholarship you must:
Cost of Scholarship
Period of Obligatory Service
Up to $100,000
One (1) year
Over $100,000 and up to $300,000
Two (2) years
Over $300,000 and up to $400,000
Three (3) years
Over $400,000 and up to $600,000
Four (4) years
Over $600,000 and above
Five (5) years
• Yes. The SATD will provide the scholar with a letter after signing the scholarship agreement which informs the institution to send invoices the GoRTT instead of GATE
•No. You would not receive funding from both as one will be cancelled; therefore you will only be required to serve the GoRTT under obligations from one agreement.
• Yes. Scholarship funds can be accessed through a UTC account or a bank account. The account must not be a joint account with any other party.
• The allowances of International scholars are paid through the UTC. Scholars will be required to open a UTC US Account with the UTC.
• Yes. The Personal Maintenance Allowance continues during the semester break(s) up to the end of the final academic semester, with the exception of scholars who are suspended. You may also take up short-term employment during these breaks for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Developed and Powered by Ministry of Education | ICT Division