Purpose Statement Guidelines
Your Purpose Statement word count should range between a Minimum of 420 to a Maximum of 520 words. It must give a:
- Description of a national developmental need, in relation to the goals and objectives of Trinidad and Tobago’s National Development Plan - Vision 2030. The need should be one which already exists.
- Description of the programme of study you have chosen that deals significantly with the need identified.
- Description of how exposure to the selected programme of study will equip you to meet the identified national need.
Please ensure your purpose statement is formatted according to the following specifications:
- Typed in font style Times New Roman.
- Font size 12.
- Line spacing 1.0
- Aligned Justified; and
- A declared word count is displayed at the end of the purpose statement.